Thursday, June 6, 2024

life is better at the beach


Life IS better at the beach.... ohhh and it has been calling my name.... but alas, no travel plans on the horizon, so we shall settle for making beachy cards!!

This week’s Inspired By challenge…

Inspired By… Oars #IB292



The whitewashed oars, teal wood background, and starfish were giving me major beach vibes so that's where I drew inspiration for my card. Drew slight inspiration from the sketch as well (the three towels in the beach tote).


Definitely not like my typical 'literal' interpretation of these challenges, nope, this card is a huge leap from literal!! And I LOVED challenging myself with trying something different!!

I experimented with die cutting some old DCWV burlap to make the beach tote… kinda cute 😊

For the beach towels, I knew that stamping the white stripes on textured cardstock would give it worn/washed/faded look, so kinda happy about how that turned out too. 

Since the sunglasses were die cut from glossy black cardstock, I mimicked the shiny black with a black heat embossed sentiment. I embossed a panel of light tan cardstock with the Spellbinders scattered shells embossing folder then fussy cut a few starfish to add beachy interest to the card.

Super fun new Waffle Flower beach products, looking forward to experimenting with them some more!!

Be sure to check out the rest of the design team’s creations on the Inspired By blog, we look forward to seeing how you will be inspired this week!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

xoxo ~ Rae

Supply List:

Dies/stamp: Waffle Flower 'beach tote' dies and sentiment stamp

Embossing folder: Spellbinders scattered shells embossing folder

Mediums: Concord & 9th white ink; Brutus Monroe raven embossing powder

Misc: (very old) DCWV burlap, cardstock, patterned paper; glossy black cardstock; vellum; jute twine

1 comment:

  1. perfect, love the added burlap texture! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete