Thursday, March 14, 2024

inspired by.... fabric!

Hello hello!

Here to share this week's Inspired By Challenge...

Inspired By Challenge #280 - Fabric


This week I was inspired by the theme, literally, more on that below...
and took much inspiration from the colors and elements in the photo prompt.

So, fabric....
My Mom is a quilter and fellow crafter, so I asked her if she happened to have any muslin she could spare for an idea I had for this week's challenge.
She did! (thanks Mom!! xoxo) 
So I was able to follow through with a fun little idea I had, which was this...

I was inspired by that adorable little bunny in the photo prompt to stamp one on fabric, hand stitch around him and fray the muslin to make him look 'loved'! 
I also decided to add a stamped/stitched/frayed muslin heart on the coffee cup element :)


I really enjoyed pulling this card together! 

For the background panel - I pieced strips of aqua hued cardstock and a scrap of  yellow patterned paper on a panel then ran it through an embossing folder for texture (color stack and texture were inspired by the photo prompt).
Although hard to tell, I stamped the greenery with several colors of distress oxide ink (one on top of the other) in an attempt to give the greenery dimension.... not super successful, but a fun experiment nonetheless.

The wooden heart embellishments and kraft cardstock were inspired by the wooden spools in the photo prompt.

Be sure to check out the rest of the design team's creations on the Inspired By blog, hope you will be inspired to play along this week!

*Also linking this up with the Daring Cardmakers challenge, hooray for a perfectly timed sewing themed challenge!! :)


Thanks so much for stopping by!
xoxo ~ rae

Supply List:
Stamp: Impression Obsession (Cup of Sweetness set); Simon Says Stamp (heart)
Stamp/Die: The Stamp Market (Everyday Greetings sentiment)
Die: My Favorite Things (stitched frame dies)
Distress Oxide Inks: salvaged patina, peacock feathers, gathered twigs, evergreen bough, ground espresso, spun sugar
Embossing Folder: Spellbinders (sweater weather)
Cardstock: Neenah (desert storm, white)
Misc: muslin fabric; thread; bakers twine; jute twine; wooden hearts; clear embossing powder; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. I ALWAYS love reading your posts. So many fab details on this one Rae, soooo awesome.

    ReplyDelete