Sunday, March 17, 2024

coffee & friends

happy weekend, crafty friends!! 

Or should I say happy crafty weekend, friends?! That’s how I spent mine, crafting away!!  :)

Used one of my favorite challenge pairings…

Freshly Made Sketches #627 and Color Throwdown #784

 

And here is my design…


Reminds me of a cozy little coffee shop … old wood table, eclectic wallpaper, inviting cups of coffee…

I used the darling Simon Says Stamp ‘Cup of Love’ stamp set here and distress oxide ink. Using the distress oxides, I watercolored the coffee cups and spoons and found that using a very very old (ca. 2011?!) somewhat dried out ink makes the perfect cafe latte froth!! LOL 
Another funny… I also discovered that I had the matching dies to this stamp set… after I fussy cut the cups and spoons! 

I really enjoyed putting this little ‘scene’ together! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
xoxo  ~ Rae

supply list:
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp ‘Cup of Love’
Distress Oxide Inks: stormy sky, speckled egg, lost shadow, hickory smoke, vintage photo, walnut stain 
‘Vintage’ ink: Donna Salazar Designs / Clearsnap - honey
Embossing folder: Simon Says Stamp wooden planks
Die: Avery Elle pierced rounded frame
Embellishments: Pinkfresh Studio gold metallic pearls
Other: gray patterned paper; white cardstock; jute twine





2 comments:

  1. Gotta love a pretty cuppa!! Great use of the colors! Thanks for playing along at the Color Throwdown with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you nailed both challenges!

    ReplyDelete