Friday, January 28, 2022

thinking of you

hello hello!
Back again after almost a year hiatus from card making... wayyyyyy too long.... I've missed creating!! 
But alas, I'm back, and ready to dust off the cobwebs, both literally and figuratively, and embrace this creative escape!

I started with a challenge from one of my favorite card challenge sites.. Fusion


I have always loved their sketch and photo challenges! 
As per usual, I took a very literal interpretation of the sketch/photo challenge, minus the coffee theme.
This is my result...

I started with what is probably the oldest piece of patterned paper in my stash LOL and built my card around it. 
I stamped the jar and flowers, fussy cut them out, arranged and adhered the pieces to a die cut circle which was adhered over a strip of dark woodgrain paper which was used as a nod to the shelf/tabletop in the inspiration photo.
Hand stamped the sentiment, wrapped some twine around the card front, and adhered an ancient fabric brad (with the brad pieces snipped off) with a glue dot.
I was inspired by the colors and flower element in the inspiration photo.
End result.. a very typical card design for me... simple and literal. 

Thanks for stopping by today, appreciate your time!!
xoxo
rae





3 comments:

  1. Glad you are back to creating! Love that background paper! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! And you came back with an absolute beauty of a card. Love that big bow with the button. Thanks for joining us at Fusion Card Challenge this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back from your mini-hiatus..... and SO glad that you joined in with this beautiful addition to the Fusion Card gallery!! Love every perfect element and the lovely bit o' green!

    ReplyDelete