Thursday, October 17, 2024

orange & brown

Fact: I grew up in the 1970’s. 
And I have evidence.
Yep. That's me on the left.
Surrounded by orange and brown. 
The colors make me cringe. 

My orange/brown PTSD initially made this week’s Inspired By challenge seem a little daunting, but my love of all things fall and those gorgeous flowers helped make this an easy color combo fear to overcome!!



I was inspired by the gorgeous flowers and fabulous fall colors.... YES, even orange and brown!!


I put my Concord & 9th Primrose Garden dies to use for the first time, how GREAT are these dies?!
And Concord & 9th cardstock colors are just dreamy! 

Although I was really trying to challenge myself to keep my card colors similar to the inspiration photo, I failed, and ended up adding a pop of color with the green leaves and the ‘vintage’ 2007 Cosmo Cricket paper background.


Don't know if I should be proud or embarrassed by this 17 year old piece of paper in my collection!!
Where does time go?! Have I really been paper crafting for this long?! yikes.

Be sure to check out the rest of the design team's creations on the Inspired By blog - hope you will be inspired to play along with us this week!

Thanks for stopping by!!
xoxo ~ rae

Supply List:
Concord & 9th - Primrose Garden dies; cardstock
Pinkfresh Studio - sentiment stamp/die; embellishments
Ink - Distress Oxide Ink 
Other - Cosmo Cricket patterned paper; white cardstock; foam tape



1 comment:

  1. absolutely gorgeous!
    Cosmo Cricket?! I'd say to be proud, I hoard it fiercely!

    ReplyDelete