Thursday, April 4, 2024

Inspired by… umbrellas

Hello hello!!

It’s time for a new Inspired By challenge! This week we are being inspired by umbrellas!

Inspired By 283


I was inspired to make two cards - the first card was inspired by the theme; the second card was inspired by the colors, the umbrella handles (I saw rainbows?! lol) and the sketch (somewhat).

Card #1
So for my first card, I stepped waaayyyy outside of my comfort zone/norm with a water colored background and paper piecing! And I am SO glad I did, I just love this card… although every time I look at it I think of the Morton Salt girl 🤣

Card #2:

My second card was actually my first card. When I looked at the inspiration photo, the umbrella handles reminded me of rainbows, and that’s what drove the card design. Cute result, but glad I continued experimenting and made a card #2!

Check out the rest of the design team’s projects on the Inspired By blog, we can’t wait to see how you are inspired this week!!

Thanks so much for visiting today, appreciate it!!
xoxo ~ Rae

Supply List:
Card #1:
Stamp: Simon Says Stamp - Follow the Rainbows
Distress Oxide Ink: broken China, tumbled glass
Patterned paper: The Stamp Market

Card #2:
Dies: The Stamp Market Rainbow Stripes, Rainbow Surprise 
Cardstock: Concord & 9th
Embossing folder: Altenew
Embellishments: The Stamp Market sequins
Other: glitter cardstock, black glossy cardstock, black ink 


 

1 comment: