Thursday, February 1, 2024

Cheerio!

Cheerio!

It's Inspired By day!! This week we are being inspired by London!

Inspired by... London #IB274


A little preface before I share my card.....

If you know my crafting style, you know I really enjoy taking somewhat 'literal' interpretations of photo prompts/inspirations. So of course to me that would mean stamping/using a red British telephone box or even some sort of window....
Ha! Easier said that done... even with, what, 20+ years of 'accumulated' supplies I have
• ZERO travel products
• ZERO window-ish products ?!?! 

So that leads to this card and a little 'peek' inside my brain and the creative process as to why I chose the elements I did :)


When I saw the inspiration photo, I knew I wanted to replicate the brick of the building (yay, I could do that with a brick stencil and grit paste!!), and the 'lines' I saw in the corner of the building architecture (which were achieved with black/white patterned paper). 

As for a nod to the telephone box, red patterned paper and a die cut frame (inked black) to the rescue! 

The branch idea was pulled from the upper right corner of the inspiration photo.

I chose to die cut the birds and crown in gold glitter cardstock, as a nod to 'royalty' :)
And of course the sentiment seemed fitting to a London theme....

Aren't you glad you don't live inside my brain?! Waaayyyyy too literal/detail-oriented!!! LOL
But alas, that's where I find my creative joy! :)

I hope you will check out the Inspired By Challenges blog for this week's challenge and check out the rest of the design team's amazing creations and feel inspired to play along!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, appreciate you!!
xoxo ~ rae

Supply List:
Cardstock: Concord and 9th (pebble - for the brick background); The Stamp Market (reds); Neenah (white)
Patterned Paper: The Stamp Market (red plaid); My Mind's Eye (black/white)
Dies: Pinkfresh Studio (Ornate frame); Spellbinders (Sealed Birds); The Stamp Market (crown; hearts)
Distress Oxide Inks: (hickory smoke, black soot, bundled sage, peeled paint, forest moss, gathered twigs)
Other: gold glitter cardstock; Tim Holtz idea-ology label letters; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED reading about your creative process. This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thought process as well as this wonderful card! I wouldn't have anything for this challenge either, but you nailed it! I really love the black frame and that gold heart...and the "cheerio" is pretty darn cute too!

    ReplyDelete