Monday, February 19, 2024

thanks

hi there!
Challenged myself with the latest Color Hues challenge - #81 Lilac & Mint
Since this is not typically a color combination I'd work with, I did a little google searching for inspiration and found this cute little pillow that also served as inspiration for my card design


And here is my card...


I cut some strips of yummy Concord & 9 cardstock in shades of the color challenge to make the strips and also die cut the flower from the lilac and mint colored cardstocks to layer behind the white die cut flower. The flower and sentiment are adhered to the card panel with foam tape for interest and dimension.

I used The Stamp Market's new Fresh Blooms layering die and stamp on this card.

Thanks so much for stopping by, appreciate it!!
xoxo ~ rae









4 comments:

  1. This is such a striking card! I love how you used the pillow for inspiration. The white flower just pops off those bold stripes! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea using the pillow as inspiration to make this striking card. The die cut flower sits perfectly on top. Thanks for linking up at Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that you went searching for an item to inspire you along with our colors! So resourceful and love your creativity and card! Love the dimension on your flower. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues and we hope you will play along again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. That was a good idea to search for inspiration for the colors. Love what you came up with. The stripes are pretty behind the lovely bloom.

    ReplyDelete