Sunday, December 17, 2023

Inspired by Stocking

 Hello hello!

When I saw the latest Inspired By challenge I immediately knew that I wanted to play along!

I knew that in my vast stash of patterned paper I had one that resembled the pattern of the stocking, and that's where my card design began...


This card took waaaayyyy too long to make (LOL) but I truly enjoyed the creative process!

For the stocking: I traced an old Cosmo Cricket chipboard stocking on patterned paper and inked the edges before assembling.

I originally wanted to follow the sketch and place the stocking over a panel, but then I decided to play with my new Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous brick stencil and distress grit paste and OMG why have I never played with paste before?! I love this stuff!!!! The photo definitely does not do this stuff justice, it is truly gritty and 'brick-like', full of texture and interest. I applied the paste over a dark grey cardstock thinking it would make it look like a dark grout with the white brick. I then matted the brick panel with black cardstock.

I created the 'mantel' by cutting an embossed/inked plank (SSS wooden planks embossing folder) from a previously finished panel I had laying around. 

I ink blended some background color then stamped the scribbly trees and fussy cut them out and placed them on the mantel. 

I also knew I wanted to replicate the fun pom pom trim on the stocking, so I took some white pom pom trim I had and used Distress Oxide Ink to color the white poms to match the inspiration photo (because I LOVE these colors together!).

I also wanted to replicate the fun font on the stocking, so I chose a sentiment from the Scribbly Christmas set - of course it wouldn't fit, so I fussy cut it out to make it fit on the stocking cuff.

Last but not least, I added the gold bow for some added interest and dimension.

Definitely a labor of love this card, but I love when the vision becomes a reality :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!
xoxo ~ rae

Supply List:
Stencil: bricked layering stencil Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz
Distress Opaque Grit Paste
Stamps: Scribbly Christmas Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz
Inks: Pinkfresh Studio: cherry blossom, eucalyptus, lush forest; Distress Oxide Inks: spun sugar, hickory smoke, pine needles, fossilized amber
Embossing folder: Simon Says Stamp wooden planks
Die: pretty bows Alex Syberia Designs
Other: gold glitter cardstock, white pom pom trim, misc patterned paper, white/black cardstock, Cosmo Cricket stocking chipboard, gold pearl

2 comments: