Thursday, July 18, 2024

miss you


This week’s Inspired By challenge provided the perfect opportunity to use some new-to-me Concord & 9th products and let my inner artist play!


 

I was inspired by the 'city' theme, and specifically the buildings and blue sky in the photo prompt.

I was blessed to grow up with the world's best skyline...*Chicago* ... in my backyard. Although I grew up in the suburbs, I fondly remember that childlike excitement every time the skyline popped up on the horizon on our trips toward the city to visit relatives. Working downtown for a beat in and among these beautiful buildings was a dream. Visiting my daughter in college at Loyola and exploring the city together are memories near and dear to my heart. Chicago grounds me, as my ancestors chose to leave their countries of origin and settle here. Chicago energizes me, the hustle & bustle, the melting pot of cultures, the food, the sports, the architecture... although way too infrequent, I love going 'home'.


I recently acquired Concord & 9th's city stacks stamps and dies and knew they would be a perfect fit for this challenge. I was in the mood for some water coloring, so I pulled out ALL of my distress oxide inks and went to town coloring/painting the buildings. Although hard to tell in the photo, I also played around with ink and water and paper towels to try to create texture for the sky background. 

The rest of the card design is just clean and simple with a Concord & 9th striped card front die panel and white embossed sentiment.

Bonus card...
So this next card was just me playing with Altenew watercolors.... 
I wasn't going to share because truthfully it's not that great, but I'm just calling it 'art' and sending it!
I have seen watercolor skyline prints like this online and used that as my inspiration. Again, not thrilled with the result, but it was fun to just experiment and play while I had the supplies out.


Be sure to check out the rest of the design team's creations on the Inspired By blog - we look forward to seeing how you will be inspired this week!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
xoxo ~ Rae

Supply List:
• Concord & 9th - City Stacks stamps & dies
• Concord & 9th - double stripe card front die
• Concord & 9th - Primrose Garden sentiment stamp & die
• Distress Oxide Inks - festive berries, fired brick, scattered straw, dried marigold, tumbled glass, uncharted mariner, weathered wood, hickory smoke, black soot
• Altenew metallic watercolors; watercolors (bonus card) 

1 comment: