Sunday, April 28, 2024

wonderful

Hello crafty friends!!

I am very excited to be back as a guest designer for the next AAA Cards challenge!!

The current challenge is a sketch challenge - AAA Cards Challenge 264


And here is my card.....


I have really enjoyed challenging myself with CAS cards! I tend to gravitate toward lots of layers and very little white space as my norm, so I am very grateful for AAA Cards challenges which encourage me to try something new!

For this card, I used The Greetery's jumbo curiosity nest die as my focal point. I die cut it from white cardstock and then went to town with distress oxide inks (another relatively new to me technique).
I was inspired by the sketch to add a swatch of watercolor to the card panel before adhering the nest. A bit of ink splatter in the same color added a subtle bit of extra interest.

Be sure to check out the rest of the designers' cards on the AAA Cards Challenge blog, hope you will be inspired to play along!!

Thank you so much AAA Cards Challenge for extending the opportunity to guest design, I greatly enjoyed the challenges and look forward to playing along with many additional challenges in the future!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
xoxo ~ Rae

Supply List:
Dies: The Greetery - jumbo curiosity nest; Spellbinders - Four Petal Floral Thank You
Distress Oxide Inks: speckled egg, tumbled glass, brushed corduroy, gathered twigs, walnut stain, ground espresso, bundled sage, peeled paint, mowed lawn, mustard seed
Stamp/Die: Pinkfresh Studio - Sakura




4 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful Rae, so clever to use the round shape of a bird's nest. Thank you once more for guest designing with us at the AAA Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, your nest is such a clever take on the sketch, the blue wash behind it all is fab too. Thanks so much for being the Guest Designer at AAA Cards and glad we can help you move to the clean and simple way of card making ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card you've created. Love that you saw a bird's nest when looking at the sketch.

    ReplyDelete