Thursday, March 7, 2024

lucky

Top O’ the Mornin’ to ya ;)

Time for another Inspired By challenge!

Inspired By - Luck #IB279


Both the theme and the sketch were used as inspiration this week.

But before we get to my card, how about another fun little peek inside my creative mind, shall we?

So... when I first saw the inspiration photo, which we know so often drives my cards, I saw:
elegance, greenery, white space, muted gold, vellum, hues of grey

Then I sat down to create, with the above ideas floating in my head, and....
Complete. Creative. Block.

The ONLY original idea that made it into the final card was using heart dies to create a shamrock, lol.

The end result... 
a huge unexpected pivot from my original 'elegant/greenery/white space/muted gold' idea.

Behold my whimsical, shiny gold card that looks like it came free inside a box of Lucky Charms!!

Sooooo not the look I was going for when I started out, but hey, I just went with the flow and let the creative process take over after I die cut that 'shamrock' - and ended up with this festive little shaker card.

Supply list:

Cardstock: Concord & 9th

Dies: Hero Arts (hearts); My Favorite Things (rainbow); Avery Elle (pierced rounded frames)

Stamp/die: Pinkfresh Studios (sentiment)

Other: Spellbinders (embossing folder; gold sequins); Altenew (shiny metallic cardstock); twine; gold thread

Don't forget to check out the rest of the Design Team's cards on the Inspired By blog! Hope you will be inspired to play along with us this week!!

Thanks so much for stopping by...

xoxo ~ Rae

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love a shaker card. I always love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete